Friday, January 9, 2009

My thoughts.

So, I have gotten a lot done at work today but, like any other day, there is a time when I get bored. I get all my things done and there isn't much to do. So, I thought I'd share a couple of things that have been thinking about lately:

1. What really makes a friendship??
Is a friendship made, and kept, just because you have known someone for a long period of time? Can you still really consider someone a friend who has completely changed over the years? I thought friendships were supposed to be easy, and only true friendships were those that didn't need a "makeover" every couple of months.

2. Did I go to school for 6 years for this?
In my last post I commented on how much I love my job, and I do. But, sometimes I wonder how I went to school for 6 years, got 6 certificates, 2 associates degrees, and a bachelors and graduated Cum Laude but have ended up being a glorified secretary. This is where the "Dreamer" part comes in. Is it too much for me to really believe that I DESERVE to have a good job where I can comfortably live off of what I make? I question, is there something bigger out there for me?

3. I want a dog!
I can't seem to get it off my mind. I can't wait until I buy a house
(or find a new apartment) where I am actually able to have a dog. I've been doing a lot of research online about what dog would be the best fit for me. I want a dog that sheds very little, good with kids (Avery will have a best friend in him/her), easily trainable, and highly loveable. The dog that fits that description the best is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.


4. SIMS Affair.
So, tonight is the big dinner for SIMS (Southern Illinois Medical Services). Everyone who is in some way a part of SIMS will be there...doctors included. Now, my problem is that I am shy and very quiet around people that I don't know. Tonight is the night for me to go out and meet everyone I can. This could possibly open some doors for me and make some great contacts. I've started to get a little excited about tonight, but at the same time I am still nervous.

5. Why does everyone say I'm being too picky when it comes to guys?
It is so much for people to believe that I've had my heart broke a couple of times so I refuse to settle for someone that won't make me happy. When I say I'm not interested in dating them just believe that I have a good reason. I wasn't lucky like some people to find the love of my life in high school.

6. Underwire.
Yes, meaning the underwire in bras. I mean, why does it always seem to pop out when I'm at work and can't do anything about it!! Seriously, this is the second bra in a month that the underwire has come out of. Talk about annoying!!

7. Avery Payton.
I have Avery's first picture ever taken hung up right next to my computer where I look at it multiple times in a day. He has grown up so much in almost 6 months! I always think about who he will become as he gets older. Will he be great in school without having to try like his mommy, or maybe he will be a star athlete like his daddy. Will he eventually date Taylor Crippen??? Will be be quiet or loud? I can't wait to see who Avery becomes!

8. I'm cold.
Really, how is it that I can't work without having a coat on?? That's all I'm thinking about with this one...

OK. Well I'm going to stop for now. These are just a few thoughts that have popped up in my mind today. Feel free to comment on them.

1 comment:

  1. (1) What makes a friendship? I'm not sure. My closest friends are my family. (2) Did you go to school for six years for this? No, but you went to school for six years for what may come later. What you have now is a foot in the door. I'm still not doing what I went to school for. (3)You want a dog. That will come with time. (4) SIMS Affair. That's out of my area of expertise ... as if any of this other stuff is WITHIN my areas of expertise. (5) Why does everyone say you're being too picky when it comes to guys? I guess you answered that one yourself! (6) Underwire. Don't do them. They hurt. (7) Avery Payton. Our little dreamboat! (8) You're cold. It's Friday and you're only two hours away from your sweatpants and sweatshirt. HAPPY FRIDAY!!

    ReplyDelete